Monday, February 28, 2011

Barbecue Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza



Pizza is one of my very favorite things. I love this Barbecue Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza but the way it is "supposed" to be made isn't very weight watcher friendly so I decided to lighten it up! I chose to use Pillsbury Thin Pizza Crust dough from the refrigerator section for convenience. You could make your own pizza crust as my original recipe suggests. I also chose to use turkey bacon so I could add more, but you could use regular bacon and just use less. My lightened up pizza turned out great! It was delicious! I hope you enjoy it too!




Barbecue Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza

Ingredients

Cooking spray
1 can refrigerated Pillsbury Thin Pizza Crust dough
1 3/4 cups 2% milk mozzarella cheese
6 slices turkey bacon, cooked crisp
1 pound 95% lean ground beef, browned
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1 cup 2% milk cheddar cheese

Instructions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly coat 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Unroll pizza dough and press into bottom and up sides of pan. Bake for 8 minutes. When you take the crust out of the oven, sprinkle mozzarella cheese over inside of pizza crust. Crumble the bacon evenly over cheese and then top with ground beef. Drizzle barbecue sauce evenly over ground beef and finally top with cheddar cheese. Bake until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling, about 25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes and slice into 8 pieces. Enjoy!

Servings: 8 Slices of Pizza • Serving Size: 1 Slice of Pizza • Weight Watchers Points+: 7

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I will have to try this. :) Have you tried the turkey pepperoni yet? It's my new favorite thing. I honestly can't tell a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried turkey pepperoni. I agree it is pretty good! I will have to keep it in mind for future recipes. In fact, Craig thought pepperoni would be a good addition to the Cheesy Italian Chicken Pie recipe so I might just have to add turkey pepperoni next time! Thanks for the comment and hope you are enjoying the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete