Monday, February 28, 2011

Cheesy Italian Chicken Pie

My fiancé, Craig, loves Italian food. In fact, he says he could eat spaghetti every day. I, however, think once in a while is enough. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but it just isn't something that I could eat every day (unless you consider pizza Italian because that is a whole different story). Over the weekend, reruns of a couple of my favorite food shows featured Italian food. On the Travel Channel's Food Paradise, they showed an episode dedicated to the best Pastas and on Bravo's Top Chef-All Stars, the chefs challenge involved New York's ultra exclusive Italian restaurant, Rao's. So now I am in the mood for some good (but still healthy... the wedding is less than 5 months away now!) Italian food. I got this recipe from my sister so I thought I would give it a try. While it doesn't contain pasta nor is it very authentic, it satisfied my Italian craving. I hope you enjoy it as much as Craig and I did!


Cheesy Italian Chicken Pie

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups cooked chicken breast, cut-up
1 1/4 cups part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
8 oz canned tomato sauce
1/2 cup Bisquick Reduced-Fat Baking Mix
1 cup skim milk
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 eggs

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray.

2. Mix chicken, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and tomato sauce in large bowl. Spoon into pie plate.

3. In another bowl, stir Bisquick, milk, pepper, and eggs with wire whisk until blended. Pour over chicken mixture.

4. Bake for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese and bake 5 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut in to 6 slices. Enjoy!

Servings: 8 Slices of Pie • Serving Size: 1 Slice of Pie • Weight Watcher Points+: 6


No comments:

Post a Comment