Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sour Cream Banana Muffins


I decided to make banana muffins because, you guessed it, I had bananas sitting on the counter that really either needed to be used or thrown out. Naturally, I chose to bake! I find myself making banana bread or muffins quite often. Mostly because I like to keep bananas on hand (zero points+ value, delicious and filling!) but sometimes they get too ripe before I can eat them. So what's a girl to do? Bake of course! I think the muffins are quite delicious. They are not overly sweet like a lot of banana muffins so I think they make a perfect addition to a meal. I hope you enjoy the muffins!

Sour Cream Banana Muffins

Ingredients

2 large, ripe bananas
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup fat free sour cream

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper liners.


2. Mash bananas (I mash them by beating them with my hand mixer). Beat together mashed bananas, sugar, egg and vanilla. Stir in sour cream.


3. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Blend flour mixture into banana mixture until just combined.


4. Scoop batter evenly into prepared muffin tin. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Enjoy!


Servings: 12 Muffins • Serving Size: 1 Muffin • Weight Watcher Points+: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment