Thursday, March 3, 2011

Cornflake Chicken


If my kitchen was a bar, Cornflake Chicken would be a regular. It is something that I make when I don't know what else to cook for dinner. I usually have all of the ingredients on hand, it's quick and it is delicious. Luckily, Craig enjoys it as well and doesn't get tired of it (or at least he hasn't said so yet). Its crunchy outside and juicy inside with a hint of ranch make a great combination. It reminds me of fried chicken but definitely a healthier version. I guarantee this regular has many appearances yet to be made in my kitchen, but I welcome it with open arms and a hungry tummy. I hope you enjoy it too!

Cornflake Chicken

Ingredients

4 raw chicken breasts
1/2 cup fat free ranch dressing
2 cups cornflakes
Spices (parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, etc)

Instructions

1. Preheat over to 350 degrees. Coat glass cooking dish with cooking spray.

2. Pour cornflakes into plastic baggie and mix in desired amount of spices. Crunch cornflakes into smaller pieces and pour on to a plate. Set aside.


3. Dip chicken in ranch dressing and roll in corn flake picture. Put chicken in dish.

4. Cook until chicken is done, about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Enjoy!


Servings: 4 Chicken Breasts • Serving Size: 1 Chicken Breast • Weight Watcher Points+: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment