Friday, March 4, 2011

Slow Cooker Cinnamon Applesauce

I had no idea that homemade applesauce is so easy to make. The hardest part about this recipe is peeling the apples. My hand started cramping a little near the last apple... I guess I need to build up the apple peeling muscles in my hand! But in the end it was well worth it. This applesauce is amazing. It is delicious by itself and it would make a fantastic addition to many other foods, such as a topping to ice cream or cake. Oh and did I mention that it is a zero points+ treat? I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!


Slow Cooker Cinnamon Applesauce

Ingredients

3 lbs of apples
1/8 cup splenda
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon vanilla
Juice of 1 lemon, strained

Instructions

1. Peel and chop apples into small pieces and place in slow cooker.

2. Add splenda, cinnamon, ground coriander ground cloves, vanilla, and lemon juice to apples. Stir until the apples are well coated.

3. Cook on high for 2 hours 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Enjoy!

Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1/8 of Applesauce Batch • Weight Watchers Points+: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment