Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hamburger & Noodle Casserole

My mom would make this delicious noodle casserole when we were growing up. I have changed the noodles and the cheese, but have kept pretty much everything else the same. It is something I still love to eat and it is easy to make. I usually make it in a big casserole pot, but unfortunately that was in the fridge with leftovers from another meal. I decided to make this in my glass 9x13 pan and think it actually worked better. It was much easier for me to see the serving size which is great when you are trying to eat healthy. The casserole turned out to be higher points plus per serving than I was hoping for, but one serving does fill you up. It is a tasty and quick meal that I still enjoy even if it is a higher points plus value than some dishes. I hope you enjoy it too!


Hamburger & Noodle Casserole

Ingredients

1 pound 95% lean ground beef
1 box Ronzoni Smart Taste Penne Rigate
2 10-3/4 ounce cans of Campbell's Healthy Request Tomato Soup
Chili powder
1 1/2 cups Kraft 2% Milk Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese

Instructions

1. Cook noodles and brown ground beef.

2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray.

3. In a large bowl, combine cooked noodles, ground beef, tomato soup, and chili powder to taste. Put mixture in 9x13 pan. Evenly spread cheese over noodle mixture.

4. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and noodles are hot. Enjoy!

Servings: 8 Pieces of Casserole • Serving Size: 1 Piece of Casserole • Weight Watchers Points+: 10




No comments:

Post a Comment