Monday, March 28, 2011

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Peanut butter and chocolate is one of my all time favorite food combinations. It is really hard to go wrong with something that contains peanut butter and chocolate. I was craving some cookies but was having a hard time finding a recipe that was points plus friendly. I decided to combine a couple of recipes and tried a batch. They still weren't quite right so I changed a few things and wa-lah! I created these delicious peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. My mom and sister introduced me to Peter Pan Whipped Peanut Butter, which I used in this recipe because you can use more for less points plus. I don't like it as well to just eat but it does work nicely in these cookies. Each cookie is only two points plus so it is a perfect little after dinner dessert or quick afternoon snack. I hope you enjoy them too!


Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients

1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup Peter Pan Whipped Peanut Butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg white
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.


2. In a large bowl, beat butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar with an electric mixer until creamy. Add egg and vanilla and mix until well blended.


3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt Gradually add flour mixture to peanut butter mixture. The dough may be a little crumbly.


4. Stir in chocolate chips with a spatula.


4. Drop cookie dough by the teaspoonful on to a cookie sheet. With a flat bottomed glass, flatten each cookie before baking.

5. Bake for 6 - 8 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute and then transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy!


Servings: 32 Cookies • Serving Size: 1 Cookie • Weight Watchers Points+: 2

1 comment:

  1. Um, yum!!! They are delicious and I was meant to make these cookies tonight--I had exactly a 1/4c butter on the butter dish and an egg white already done. Don't judge me for these next two things though. I let shelby lick the peanut butter measuring cup before I put it in the dishwasher and the flat bottom glass I used maybe had wine in it. :)

    ReplyDelete