Friday, April 1, 2011

Wheat Buttermilk Quick Bread

It seems that I am constantly buying ingredients for new recipes I want to try and then having a lot of excess after I make the recipe. I made this bread because I had buttermilk left over from something I made earlier in the week. I also have had whole wheat flour left over for a while so this was the perfect thing for me to try! It is a small loaf of wheat bread with a grainy texture (Craig compared it to the texture of cornbread). The bread tastes good, it's quick and easy to make, and you get a decent sized slice for 2 points plus. I think it would be great for breakfast with a little jam or a nice addition to dinner. I hope you enjoy it!


Wheat Buttermilk Quick Bread

Ingredients

2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon table salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 cups low fat buttermilk (1% milkfat)
1 egg white

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray.

2. In a large bowl, combine whole wheat flour, salt, baking soda, and sugar.

3. Stir the buttermilk and egg white into the flour mixture and mix well. Place mixture in loaf pan.

4. Bake for 35 minutes or until done. Enjoy!

Servings: 12 Slices of Bread • Serving Size: 1 Slice of Bread • Weight Watchers Points+: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment