Monday, March 21, 2011

Meatloaf

After reading the title of this post, I'm sure you will be surprised to hear meatloaf is not one of my favorite things. I am kind of a picky eater and meatloaf often contains ingredients that I do not like. However, my mom makes a meatloaf that I do like. This is a lightened up version of the meatloaf my mom makes. It is delicious and has a good flavor without having too high of a points plus value. I really enjoy this meatloaf and hope you do too!


Meatloaf

Ingredients

1 pound 93% lean ground beef
1 cup canned tomato sauce
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup dried plain bread crumbs
2 egg whites

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 7x5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.

2. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, onion powder, pepper, bread crumbs, and egg whites.

3. Evenly spread meat mixture in loaf pan. Spread remaining 1/2 cup tomato sauce over loaf.

4. Bake for 40 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Cut into 4 pieces. Enjoy!

Servings: 4 Slices of Meatloaf • Serving Size: 1 Slice of Meatloaf • Weight Watchers Points+: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment